- LMWH may be overused in indications other than thromboprophylaxis.
- Inaccurate risk assessment for VTE in pregnancy may lead to failure of identification of high risk women or unnecessary cost& exposure of low risk women to anticoagulants.
- Available evidence for thromboprophylaxis varies widely.
- Customized risk assessment models should be considered to fit our population
Dr. Ola Youssef
- Lecturer of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt, (April 2022- current)
- Subspecialty; Consultant of infertility and reproductive endocrinology, Alexandria, Egypt.
- MDPhD of Obstetrics and Gynecology (infertility and reproductive endocrinology), Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, 2022